Despite the fact that the zoning in the area allows a maximum of 3,500 square feet, it was possible to deliver the gross floor area of 4,300 square feet by including all the non-living spaces in the attic. On the second floor, we included a large bathroom and multiple storage rooms.
Our scope included the following:
- Preliminary design and space planning
- Working drawings and coordination with clients and consultants
- Building permit procurement
- Tendering of construction contract
- Architectural control during construction and contract administration*
Once the building permit is issued, we help with the hiring of a general contractor and ensure that the architectural plans are being followed. Since the city inspector checks the construction site on a regular basis, it is essential that the work carried out strictly corresponds to permit drawings. Normally, about 50% of building projects do not pass such inspections. This results in remediation measures, which means an extra cost to the customer and delays in construction.